- Bailey, J. & England, D. (2014) Lancashire Folk Tales. Stroud: The History Press.
Conference & symposia papers
- Forthcoming poster presentation: Does Everywhere Have Stories? Researching the literary geographies of Rochdale, Greater Manchester to be presented at the Arts & Humanities Postgraduate Conference (AHRC North West Consortium Doctoral Training Partnership’s annual conference), Keele University, 12 - 13th October 2015.
- A Rochdale Gothic: re-imagining the Gothic in a post-industrial borough creative/critical paper presented at Re-imagining the Gothic Symposium, University of Sheffield, 9th May 2015.
- Putting literature in place and place into literature: the literary geographies of Rochdale paper presented at PGR Humanities Symposium, Keele University, 9th June 2015.
- “Underground Manchester”: poo, punk, Peterloo, and poetry in a city of palimpsests ;presented at the ASLE 11th Biennial Conference in Moscow, Idaho, 23rd - 27th June 2015. Generously supported by Manchester Metropolitan University Cheshire.
- Inside and outside place: representations of race in the literature of Rochdale presented at “Contested Spaces | Shared Places.” Manchester Metropolitan University Cheshire, 9th July 2015.
- Forthcoming poem: “Protactinium” in My Dear Watson - the Very Elements of Poetry anthology edited by Rebecca Irvine, being published autumn 2015
- “Matilda” in Stirred Poetry: Eugenia Loli ekphrastic poem
- “Polar Bear Hunting” and “The Owl and The Raven: An Inuit Legend” in Loose Muse Spring 2014 Anthology
- “When the piece is over please don”t forget to applaud” on Royal Philharmonic Society Website”s Notes Into Letters project (2013)
- “How to say I love you in an age of technological indifference” and “Olympian” in blankpages 46, (Blank Media Collective, 2012)
- “Snowflakes” on the 2011 Poetry Advent Calendar
- “Epitaph” a sequence poem in Electric Sky Anthology (Bad Language Manchester, 2011),
- “Leaves” and “Closure” in Best of Manchester Poets volumes 1 and 3 (Puppywolf, 2010 & 2013),
- “Dancing on Ice” Hammer & Tongue Climate Change CD Recording (Hammer & Tongue, 2008)
- “Green to Gold” in The Nail Poetry Magazine (Oxford-based zine published by Dave Todd, 2005)
- “The Beast” in Monsters edited by Sarah Grace Logan, 2013.
- “Veins that carried blood and water”, first prize for Manchester Climate Monthly short story competition, 2013.
- Forte! and Stars in Their Eyes two short plays written for the Didsbury Players. Performed in 2013.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Chorlton Ees pantomime writted for the Didsbury Players. Performed in 2011.
- I currently write book reviews for Starburst Science Fiction Magazine. I have written for various publications including: Ethical Consumer (Climate Change page), Wild Times - the RSPB Children”s Magazine (“Springtime Singtime”), D+C Journal (“Vague, Voluntary and Unenforceable: The Global Compact”), and Corporate Watch (various pieces around corporate power, public services privatisation, and gold mining). I have also written song lyrics for Vanessa Lewis, a singer-songwriter based in Bath, UK.